Hyderabadi Beetroot and Black Carrot ki Sabzi is a dish that originates from the city of Hyderabad in India, it is made with a combination of cooked beetroot, and black carrots. This dish is a unique and flavorful side dish that can be served with rice or roti.
Here is a simple recipe to make Hyderabadi Beetroot and Black Carrot ki Sabzi:
- 1 cup cooked and diced beetroot
- 1 cup grated black carrots
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Once they start to crackle, add ginger-garlic paste.
- Add grated black carrots, cooked and diced beetroot to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt to the pan. Mix well.
- Reduce heat to low and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, turn off the heat and add chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Serve hot as a side dish with rice or roti.
Note: You can also add other ingredients like chopped tomatoes, onion or some other spices like cumin powder, coriander powder or garam masala powder to give more flavor. Also, make sure to stir the dish occasionally to avoid sticking and burning and also to cook the vegetables evenly.
Black carrots are also known as “Kala Gajar” in Hindi and have a sweeter taste than the traditional
Leave a Reply