Methi Gajar ki Sabzi is a dish made with a combination of grated carrots (gajar) and fresh fenugreek leaves (methi). This dish is a popular side dish in India, it is usually served with roti, paratha, or rice. The dish is made by sautéing the vegetables with spices such as cumin, turmeric, and ginger-garlic paste. The sweetness of the carrots pairs well with the slightly bitter taste of the methi leaves, creating a unique and delicious taste.
Here is a simple recipe to make Methi Gajar ki Sabzi:
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped fresh methi leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Once they start to crackle, add ginger-garlic paste.
- Add grated carrots and chopped methi leaves to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt to the pan. Mix well.
- Reduce heat to low and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, turn off the heat and add chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Serve hot as a side dish with rice or roti.
Note: You can also add other ingredients like chopped tomatoes, onion or some other spices like cumin powder, coriander powder or garam masala powder to give more flavor. Also, make sure to stir the dish occasionally to avoid sticking and burning and also to cook the vegetables evenly.
Leave a Reply