Rajigira na Ladoo, also known as Amaranth and Walnut Energy Balls, is a healthy and nutritious Indian snack made with rajgira flour (amaranth flour) and walnuts. These energy balls are sweetened with jaggery or other natural sweeteners, and are a great option for a quick and easy snack or dessert.
- 1 cup rajgira flour (amaranth flour)
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/2 cup jaggery, grated or chopped
- 1/4 cup ghee or coconut oil
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- In a pan, heat the ghee or coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the rajgira flour and roast for 2-3 minutes or until it becomes fragrant.
- Remove from heat and add the crushed walnuts and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Add the grated jaggery and mix well.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Once cooled, take small portions of the mixture and shape into balls.
- Store the ladoos in an airtight container and enjoy as a snack or dessert.
Note: you can use powdered sugar or honey instead of jaggery. You can also add other dry fruits like almond or cashews for added flavor and texture.
These energy balls are a great option for people who are looking for a healthy and nutritious snack, they are gluten-free and high in protein, healthy fats and essential minerals. They are also easy to make and can be stored for a few weeks in the refrigerator.