Spicy Carrot and Potato Vegetable is a dish that is made with grated carrots and diced potatoes. It is a flavorful dish that is spiced with a mix of spices, and can be served as a side dish with rice or roti. This dish is a popular North Indian dish, and is typically enjoyed during the winter season when carrots are in season.
Here’s a simple recipe for making Spicy Carrot and Potato Vegetable:
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium-sized carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon of chopped green chilies (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onions. Sauté until they turn translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for a few more seconds.
- Add the cumin powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the diced potatoes, grated carrots, and chopped green chilies (if using) to the pan and stir well.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir occasionally to prevent the vegetables from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, remove the pan from heat and serve with rice or roti.
Note: You can adjust the amount of spices according to your taste preference. And you can add any other vegetable of your choice to make it more nutritious and flavorful.