Carrots and peas are commonly used vegetables in many dishes, including Indian cuisine. They are often paired together in dishes like Aloo Gajar Matar Sabzi, Carrot Peas Sabji, and Aloo Gobhi Gajar Ke Sabzi. They are also used in many Western dishes such as soups, stews, and casseroles. Carrots are known for their sweet, earthy flavor and high nutritional value, while peas are known for their sweet, delicate flavor and high protein content. These vegetables are easy to find, affordable and can be used in a variety of ways, whether cooked or raw. They can be steamed, boiled, sautéed or even added to salads. Carrots and peas are a great addition to any diet, as they are low in calories, high in vitamins and minerals, and a good source of dietary fiber.
Here’s a simple recipe for a Carrot and Peas dish:
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 cup peas
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon of coriander powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder (optional)
- A handful of chopped parsley or cilantro for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the diced carrots, peas, cumin powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder (if using) and stir well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro and serve hot as a side dish or as a base for any other dish.
Note: You can adjust the quantity of spices as per your taste preference. You can also add some cashews paste or cream to make it more rich and creamy