- Carrot peels from 1 lb of carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of diced vegetables of your choice (such as potatoes, celery, carrots, leeks, and/or turnips)
- 6 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs for garnish (such as parsley or thyme)
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic, and sauté until they are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced vegetables, carrot peels, and broth. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer the soup for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and blend the soup using a hand-held immersion blender or transfer it to a blender.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve hot.
Note: You can use any vegetables of your choice and also add more seasonings as per your preference.